ABOUT YPK BALI
Yayasan Peduli Kemanusiaan (YPK) Bali is a non-for-profit organisation which was founded in 2001 to provide rehabilitation for Balinese people who have a disability, and who are unable to access formal health care facilities. Clients of YPK receive physiotherapy as well as ongoing psychological and emotional support free of charge.
Our programs relies on donation, in-kind and volunteer.
In 2010, YPK Bali expanded its services, establishing an informal education program for children with disabilities, and also a community based mobile rehabilitation service. The education program is staffed by two teaching assistants and provides education and life skills training for children with disabilities.
The mobile service includes a community-based rehabilitation program staffed by a local therapist, and an informal education program staffed by a local teaching assistant.
Improving quality of life of people with disabilities in Bali
- Support efforts to restore the social functions of people with disabilities through caring, affordable and professional rehabilitation.
- Supporting people with disabilities to develop their potential through physical and social rehabilitation.
- Empowering the potential of persons with disabilities, families and communities through the development of creative innovative programs as a preventive effort.
- Train and educate people with disabilities to enable them to be independent, and to reduce their dependence on others and where they will be accepted back in the community.
- Dissemination of information related to the prevention or early prevention of child birth with a disability.